Friday, October 21, 2011

Kanhaji's love

Kanhaji shows us His love in many ways every single moment of every single day. He teaches us lessons that will help us to be good people. He helps us in every way that He can and even more. He loves us. Love - what is love? I remember speaking to my grandmother and she said that the biggest love you can ever feel is love for God. She said that when she was growing up her parents taught her, and she felt, love for her parents, her siblings, even her pets. When she grew up she heard peers say that they were in love with a particular boy/girl. She said that she never really understood how they could use the word 'love' so casually. For her, love is a powerful emotion, something that you cannot stop feeling easily. Her love for God is always a good example to me. Kanha, thank You for sending her love to me. A grandparent's love always makes a child feel extra special I think. I know this because I have experienced love from all of my grandparents and I always felt privileged when they shared stories with me. Kanhaji, You loved Yashodaji and Devikiji, Nandji and Vasudevji. You loved them all as a child should love their parents. You loved Balramji as a brother. You loved the gopas as friends. You loved Radhika and the gopis as friends and as Your lovers. I see no shame in this because the highest form of union between two people is love. Love brings people together and keeps them together. At first when I began this blog I thought that Your love for Radhika was something that I would not understand and I focused instead on Your love for Your mother. However, after reading many scriptures I realised that You came to earth to make Yourself understood by everyone. Some people needed to see You as their son, as their brother, as their friend, as their true love. You fulfilled all of these roles and so many more. Your focus on our fulfilment and happiness always strikes me Kanhaji. I do not know what else to say other than I love You. I love You and I will always love You. I hope that everyone reading this blog feels the same way too. Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment