Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Protecting us effortlessly


Kanhaji always protects us easily when we ask Him to. Take for instance the picture I have added - Kanhaji holding Govardhan mountain on his baby finger for days on end to protect the people of Vrindavan. He does it with a sweet smile and without ever complaining. He will always protect us when we need Him to, when we ask Him to. I think that people forget just how much love He gives us daily and how much he offers of Himself to help us and keep us safe. Sometimes we dont listen, we dont ask, but He is still with us. And so we must remember to thank Him. Often times I find myself praying and asking Kanhaji for something. But, when the thing is fulfilled - my wish, my hope, my dream, I sometimes forget to thank Him immediately and when I do remember I feel ashamed in thinking about how expedient I was in asking for His help but not in thanking Him for helping me.
We must all remember to ask Kanhaji for His help in our lives all the time - we should not pray only sometimes, according to a saying I heard 'Pray just once a day - from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed'. I love that saying because it's so true - to be happy, healthy and safe always we must continually talk to Kanhaji and ask Him to be with us all the time - not just some times. This is why we must make an effort to ALWAYS do the right thing. Yes it is a difficult thought, to be good all the time but with His help we can do it and never do the things that we know we will be ashamed to admit to Him. Then, we can truly talk to Him all the time and tell Him what we are doing always.
Jai Shri Krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment