Sunday, February 28, 2010

He's my God, He is my friend...


Now that I started with the words of my fave line of my fave bhajan I had to continue and finish it off. This title is so appropriate to how I feel today because even while I worship Kanhaji I feel like I can talk to Him like a true friend. Lately, I've found that a lot of the friends I had when I was younger have all changed - people have new responsibilities, new goals and new relationships that are sometimes hard to adjust to for them and in my case, I may not share the same responsibilities and new-found goals as they do. For a little while I was upset while thinking that I've lost some good friends, maybe I should try to recontact them etc. but I realized that maybe those things happened for a reason. Maybe I am not really friends with these people anymore because Kanhaji wants me to find new friends, to have a new direction in my life and He did send me some new friends - people I can trust and be open with because they share my thoughts in certain matters. Also, I realized that since I feel like I can talk to Him about everything and He always provides me with a solution (I'm telling you, it is an incredible feeling, talking to Kanhaji, after I finish my heart always feels lighter and if I was upset I always feel better, that is His heavenly power) and always takes care of me.
Befriending Kanhaji has certainly helped me to make better decisions in my daily life and I always consider if I would be proud of telling Kanhaji about certain actions that I committed when I am about to do something. If I know that I would not want to tell Him then I reconsider and don't do it. To me, His approval is the most important thing. But even though I can always talk to Him as a friend, I always remember that He is God and He is there for everyone, just like He is there for me.
The picture I've included shows Kanhaji playing his bansuri and I chose this one because here he looks both all-knowing and approachable - He's my God and He's my friend at the same time.
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment