Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kanhaji tells us how to serve Him better


He helps us with our devotion. It truly does not matter to Him how small our offerings are because the only thing He is really concerned about is our devotion in the truest sense - how much we believe in Him, how strong our faith is. He offers us many opportunities to learn how to do puja for Him, how to sing His bhajans. Many times when I was much younger I would go to Ramayans and satsangs with my grandparents and parents and sometimes the pundits would happen to be talking about Kanhaji and the ideal way to serve Him, the bhajans that we should sing, they would talk about His childhood and all the subsequent good deeds He committed. I remember being very young and wanting to read the Bhagvad Gita but my mother gave me a copy of the Mahabharata which I soon devoured. When I got older I finally began reading the Bhagvad Gita and the knowledge in it is so very applicable to life today that I wonder how we would have gotten along without it.
Thank you Kanhaji for helping me to love you more, for showing me the right way to praise you and to be your true bhakti.
The picture I have included shows a smiling Kanhaji who is about to eat His favourite butter. He is telling us in the picture that if we offer parsad, especially made with his favourite makhan, He will be very happy indeed. See how He is telling us the way to serve Him?
Jai Shri Krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment