Sunday, February 14, 2010

Kanhaji's love for us


Today is Valentine's Day - an internationally recognized day for celebrating love. At first only lovers would celebrate on this day. However, I have noticed an increasing focus on the family and love of children for parents and vice versa, of siblings for each other and of friends for each other. This is excellent - that people can express their love for each other freely on this day. However, what about our love for God? Kanhaji loves us always. We know that. Do we love Him in an equal way? It is important to express love for Kanhaji because in doing so we will truly realize how important He is to us. Think about it - we depend on Him for everything. He helps us along the way of life always and manifests Himself in the form of family, friends, teachers,caregivers, significant others.
I love Kanhaji very much and I say it to Him often when I pray. But I still feel like I can say it more often. We should all say it more often - that we love Kanhaji because by saying such things, we are allowing ourselves to be closer to Him and to be closer to Him is our ultimate goal since He alone can keep us safe and can take care of us always.
The picture I have chosen shows baby Kanhaji lying on a banyan leaf playing with His feet and His bansuri. He loves us all so much that He came to earth in the form of a little, helpless baby to save us from evil. He will always help us when we ask Him because He is Kanhaji and He loves us.
Kanhaji, I love you.
Jai Shri Krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment