Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remembering Kanhaji when you're happy


It sounds like a simple enough concept - remember God even when you are happy, not only when you are unhappy and desperate for Him to help you feel better. Yet, how many of us do practice this and pray to thank Kanhaji for us having a good day, for nice things happening to us? I know that I don't always remember to do it and I think I need to resolve to remember to praise Kanhaji when things are going my way because it means that He is taking care of me and allowing all the good things to happen to me. What I try to do is remember to thank Him when I have asked Him for help in some way and He has helped me. I don't always remember promptly but when I do I thank Him for granting me my wish and taking care of me.
The picture I've included shows Kanhaji smiling at us as he plays the bansuri for us to help us to remember to calm down and remember to count our blessings and not only to dwell on the bad things or things that we dont enjoy. He is reminding us that He is there to take care of everything for us, always.
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment