Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kanha ka khanna

We should always try to eat holy food, that Kanha would like us to eat. When I was little I went to pujas and I always heard people say that eating parsed is considered a gift and that we should never refuse parsad. Only when I got older did I really realise the importance of eating food that Kanha has blessed for us. He has actually put His hand out to say that He blessed the food and that is like him feeding it to us. I never really understood that, but now that I do I try to go to places where parsad is being shared and offered. I try to eat it before I have special occasions and I offer my own honey and milk to Him and drink the rest so that I too may feel like I fed him and He accepted it. Food has long since been praised as being a healer and cursed as being responsible for disease and hardship. Certain foods upset us, certain foods help us to become calmer. Food is important, but asking Kanha's blessing on our food is even more important. Kanha, thank You for blessing my food and helping me to understand what I should eat and what I shouldn't. Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment