Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kanhaji ka Shakti


Shakti equals power. Today I felt really ill for a large portion of the day. In fact, I'm still feeling slightly ill but Kanhaji's power has made me feel better so that I dont have to sit around feeling sorry for myself. It also helps that I have thus far been able to keep the Nowratan fast. This is perhaps one of the most important fasting periods for a Hindu - this is something I know with certainty because as a child growing up in school - they would remind us continuously about this Nowratan fast and about the importance of it to the three female deities being worshipped at this time - Durga Mataa, Saraswati Maa, Lakshmi Maiyya.
Kanhaji, thank You for sending powerful women in this world and for allowing me to become one of them. I truly believe that I have the potential to be a very powerful woman, but not one who wields power loudly, one who does so with Your strength and guidance - in a circumspect manner.
Someone looking at this blog might say that I chose an incorrect picture to demonstrate Shakti but the reality is that Shakti is demonstrated here in the choice You made to let Yashoda Maa capture You and tie You as she wanted. You showed the power to love, which, after all, is the greatest power of them all!
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment