Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Makhan Chor


This has got to be one of my top 5 favourite pictures of Kanhaji. He's so adorable in this picture and every time I look at it I see new details like the little murti of Lord Ganesh in the background, the detail of the pillars and entrance behind him, the mat he's sitting on, all his little jewels.
One of the popular ways we know Kanhaji as a child is as the Makhan Chor - the one who steals butter. However, He wasnt really stealing butter, but showering His blessings on those who were fortunate enough to have Him eat from their pots, the butter they made with their own hands. I know right now I make sure that the prasad I make for Him is perfect and has plenty of makhan in it.
I also think the Makhan Chor idea was sent to help us realize certain things - when you're younger it's okay to indulge a little bit and eat and enjoy the things you love. However, when you get older you should be more mature and eat and do good things. I dont know what other people think of this view. I would love to hear some comments.
On another note, today I had a very good day - very fulfilling. And when little things happen that may have been upsetting I try to say a prayer and think about the good things and the good parts of the day. I pray to Kanhaji to help me deal with difficult things and to dwell on the good things not the bad.

Sometimes I feel the initiative to react in a different way than I usually would have and I know it's because Kanhaji is with me and is guiding me to react in a way that is more suitable to the situation.

Thank You Kanhaji for being with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment