Friday, June 4, 2010

Kanhaji motivates me



We all feel overwhelmed with the work that we have to do sometimes. But I've found that putting my faith in Kanhaji and knowing that He is by my side, cheering me on and helping me to stay motivated, always helps me to feel better. When we really have a deadline to meet its impossible to hang out with friends, go see movies that we would like to, even talk on the phone sometimes. But, Kanhaji encourages us and tells us that it will all be worth our while eventually and that we must keep our goals in mind.
Recently I've been challenged to move up a deadline very drastically and at first I sat and despaired about getting everything completed on time but then I told myself that all I could do was work my very hardest and at the end if I didn't make it, at least I would know that I tried my hardest. I also asked Kanhaji to help me along the way, to provide me with His everlasting love, support and guidance to reach my ultimate goal. Now I feel much better.
The first picture I've included is one of my favourite ones of Kanhaji - it shows Him looking at us in a piercing manner. Basically I think He is saying that we should know that He is always watching us and is always with us, to help and take care of us and that we can call on Him at any time. The second picture is one of Kanhaji's feet and that is brilliant because this is what we should meditate on when we are in trouble - His baby feet are so perfectly formed in this picture that I feel very encouraged when I look at Him like this.
Today I've also included a quote from the Bhagvad Gita "Knowledge, the object of knowledge and the knower are the three factors which motivate action; the senses, the work and the doer comprise the threefold basis of action."
Chapter 18, Shloka 18
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment