Friday, May 14, 2010

Kanhaji takes care of everything


Don't you sometimes start a day feeling like things have just been going wrong from the beginning? That happens to me sometimes and then I pray about it - I ask Kanhaji to take control of my life and what do you think happens? He does, He takes control and everything works out in the end. Things begin to fall into place, decisions get made and people are happier than they were when we first started talking about whatever it is that I'm doing at the time. Kanhaji takes care of EVERYTHING in our lives and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be able to reap the rewards of His divine presence.
In the Bhagvad Gita I've read a few verses on control and there is one that I like best, it is as follows:
"tani sarvani samyamya
yukta asita mat-parah
vase hi yasyendriyani
tasya prajna pratisthita"
Or in English it is as follows:
"One who restrains his senses, keeping them under full control, and fixes his consciousness upon Me, is known as a man of steady intelligence."
This is how we should control ourselves if we want Kanhaji to shower His divine blessings on us. And it is true. When we chant his name and sing bhajans devoted to Him then we automatically begin to feel better, regardless of what is happening in our lives.
The picture I've included shows Kanhaji helping Draupadi when Duryodhana was trying to pull off her sari. Kanhaji showed that He was in control of the situation when he kept sending more and more cloth to make her sari never ending. I love that story because it shows just how much Kanhaji loves His devotees and that He will do anything for them.
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment