Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kanhaji is my guide and protector...but He is also my friend


Yesterday one of my friends was lamenting about how hard it is to find someone that you can truly confide in. And I realize that I don't really confide in anyone at all - this is despite the fact that people confide in me often. I guess they know I'll never tell. But my confidante is none other than Kanhaji Himself. I know that might sound weird to anyone reading this but He is the easiest person to talk to, He always helps me with my problems and I know He'll never tell anyone else. Don't you think those are the qualities of an excellent confidante? I think so.
There's another side to this - people often believe that prayer is a task - something to be completed out of oblifation. But I never look at it like that. Praying to Kanhaji happens just naturally. I just talk to Him and everything seems much better. I think that is what true prayer is about - being able to just talk to Kanhaji as if He truly is a friend. And He is, He really is a true friend.
The picture I've included is one of a murti of Kanhaji eating Makhan. I know I've included several like these before and I always have a different interpretation but to be honest, when I see the pictures, every time something new strikes me. This time I think Kanhaji is eating the butter and saying to us, my lips are sealed... I will never divulge your secrets. Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment