Friday, March 5, 2010

Celebrating with Kanhaji


I was a little bit shocked to get feedback from some friends, acquaintances and others about their opinion of Kanhaji and God in general. Many of them say that they think that we should fear God all the time. I know that in part this is true but you should only fear Kanhaji if you are doing something wrong - like a child would fear a parent's reaction when they know they're doing something wrong - but the rest of the time they love that parent. However, I think our relationship with Kanhaji is still a little more complex than that of a parent and child. I think that Kanhaji can truly be the best friend we will ever have. I know that I feel that way about Him. Friends, and people, tend to change and they may not be able to offer you the same comfort you need over time. But Kanhaji always knows what we need and so He is the perfect candidate for a friend, a guide, someone to be with us all the time. I truly do feel like Kanhaji is my friend and I talk to Him all the time. I want other people to see Him like that and to understand that He loves us and we don't have to be afraid of Him but we do have to love Him.
My post is titled celebrating with Kanhaji because when we have celebrations we must remember that He has allowed us to get to this point of having something to celebrate. Whenever we celebrate something we should remember Kanhaji and ask Him to be a part of our celebrations. When we do this, I'm sure everything will run smoothly and there will be minimum hitches. Remember that Kanhaji is ALWAYS there at every moment of our lives and we must accept Him and invite Him in all things that we do.
I showed a picture of Kanhaji offering us a laddoo to symbolize that it is a celebration since people usually share sweets with each other on celebratory occasions. The fact that He is offering us a laddoo indicates that He is reminding us that He is a part of our celebrations too and we should offer all our sweets and gifts to Him first, to give everything His blessings.
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment