Friday, May 11, 2012

Being a devotee of Lord Krishna, what does it mean?

I admit, that even as I am writing this post I do not fully know everything about what it means to be a Kanha devotee. I know that I fast, I do puja, I talk to Him daily and I try to follow His rules and His laws. I try to do what is right. I try to accept His will and see the positive in every situation. But, even so, I know that my devotion is falling short compared to what Kanha does for me every single day of my life. He wakes me up in the morning, and even before that, He sends me pleasant dreams. Sometimes He even appears in my dreams and I don't even fully realise the meaning of it until I talk to others and they tell me how blessed I am to have Him come to me while I am dreaming. Kanha takes care of me through the day, making sure that no harm comes to me, that I make the right decisions, that I learn to come to terms with things that I cannot change and decide to look for better things in the future. Kanha knows how to help me come out of sadness, how to deal with anger, hurt, sorrow, pain, suffering, hardships in general. He sends me good things and He helps me to grow. But those are all things He does for me. What do I do for Him? It cannot be compared. I feel ashamed to think that I do not do nearly enough to worship Him. Yet, He still accepts what I give him. One of my favourite lines from the Srimad Bhagavad Gita goes like this: "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it." Srimad Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9, Shlok 26. Don't you think that is an amazing thing for Kanha to say? Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment