Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kanhaji is everywhere

Kanhaji is everywhere and all around us. He loves us and He will always love us. I know that I keep saying this but its just so true and sometimes the immense power of His love just hits me in a way that makes me want to say it over and over again. When I wrote my last entry I focused on the love that we have for Him and the different ways it can be interpreted. When I was a little child I first heard stories about Radha and Krishna at school, but they were never really fully explained. I always got the impression that the teachers were glossing over things a little bit. However, I realized that this was because some people frowned on the idea of Krishna and Radha being seen as the ultimate couple when He was in fact married to Rukmini. I remember a student asking the teacher about that once and the teacher was unable to respond. I myself kept that question in my heart but the slightly negative reaction of the teacher (mildly angry) made us not ask anything more.
Only when I got older did I really understand that they meant that Radha loved him unconditionally and that was why she was seen as His true soulmate. Unconditional love is hard to come by. It is described as being selfless and forgiving, always pleasant and always giving. People often say that only parents love unconditionally, that a spouse cannot. I dont know if that is really true but I do know that we all have expectations from the people we love on a normal basis. Of course, we are not Radharani!
But, I digress, the reason that I used this story as the basis for my post is to show that Kanhaji's love is unconditional but our human conscience makes us guilty before Him when we do something wrong and we feel unworthy of that love. I know that I feel so grateful that He loves me because I know that I am not perfect and many times I falter from His teachings and I am unable to control anger, jealousy, pride. When we love someone we do everything we can to please them, we should grant Kanhaji the same courtesy and try to please Him every day by living our lives the right way.
Jai Shri Krishna!

No comments:

Post a Comment